It is easy to stream your event live on Mynewsdesk. You can sign up for any of the free livestream services available today, like Bambuser or Ustream, and embed a live video in your newsroom. It only takes a few minutes to set up. But just in case you need a bit of help, here are a few practical tips on what you should keep in mind.
Tell people about the event and invite them to your network.
- Tell people about your event! Add a new event to your newsroom and categorize and tag it, making it searchable.
- Write a news release about the event, informing people that you will broadcast live from it.
- Publish this release at the same time as when you publish your event listing above (and relate the posts to each other).
- Add the contacts and lists you find relevant.
- Tag and categorize this content properly, ensuring that you reach all those who subscribe to and monitor your specific subject areas on Mynewsdesk.
- Schedule the publication of a press release, news flash, or blog entry that will contain the actual livestream (the embedded live video).
- Add a clear and logical title, so a visitor can find it in your newsroom easily (for example: “Live feed from Event ABC on 22-10-2011.”)
- Publish it a little while before the event actually begins, like the day before. Do not forget to specify exactly when broadcasting starts!
- You can, of course, also choose to embed the livestream in the news release about the event itself (see point 2 above), but remember that your news releases are displayed chronologically. So if you want it to be visible in your newsroom, you need to make sure it’s the last thing you’ve published at the start of the event.
Embed your Bambuser channel.
If you’ve decided to stream an event live using Bambuser, you can choose to embed your whole Bambuser channel.
Your live video would be displayed at the time of broadcast, but if you are not streaming anything live, the embedded channel will automatically show a replay of the last broadcast.
If you don’t have any older content in your channel, a test card will be shown (see image). You can also embed a specific video, should you want to screen a particular film later on.
- Register an account on Bambuser.
- Download the Bambuser App on your phone
- Embed your channel.
- In Bambuser, copy the embed code for the particular video or for the entire channel.
- You can then paste the code in your newsroom using the Insert Flash Embed cut then into the press room during Insert Flash Embed.
- Click submit! It’s simple.
- Once logged in to the app, you can name your event and click the Record button.
In your Bambuser account, you can indicate if you are broadcasting with a camera or a computer.
And don’t forget: you can also register your event at Bambuser!
Community Manager, Mynewsdesk