Every day, our Customer Service department answers questions and queries from our customers around the world. These questions can literally be about anything (related to MyNewsdesk, of course), but we have noticed that we come across some questions more often than others.
Here are the 5 most common questions we receive. Perhaps these are questions you have thought about asking yourself at some point?
1. I have forgotten my username and password. What do I do?
In the login window, click on the “Forgot Password?” link. Here, you can submit your email address (the one you used when first signing up to MyNewsdesk). An email prompting you to create a new password will be sent to that email address.
2. I forgot to send out the press release to my distribution lists when I published it. What do I do now?
If you’ve published your press release, you will need to contact us at Customer Service to send that same release to the distribution lists you missed the first time. This is part of a security measure in our system, which ensures that the same information is not sent to the same journalists or other users more than once.
3. Where can I add press contacts?
When you log in to your MyNewsdesk dashboard, click on “Contacts” in the left navigation column, under the “Publish” section.
Click on “Publish New” to add a new contact person or click “Change” next to an existing one. Add or update the necessary information and check the box next to “Show as press contact in your pressroom?” before clicking “Save”.
They will now display in the left column in your newsroom, under Press Contact.
Where do I find the press releases I’ve published through an external channel?
- IDG: Your releases are published on IDG, Computer Sweden, CIO Sweden, IT24, Teknik 360, TechWorld as well as Internetworld in the right-hand column, under Vendors Voice. Your releases will also be published on the VendorsVoice site.
- Findcourses.co.uk: You can find all your news releases in the right-hand column, under Training & Courses News.
- SwedenBIO: All your news releases will be available in the right-hand column under Member Press News and SwedenBIO News.
If you can’t see your press release on the chosen channels, please check if you have indeed opted to publish in that channel. The checkbox next to the specific should be clicked.
5. I published and sent my press release an hour ago, but the statistics state that only a few have received it.
Most editorial desks and journalists are sent alerts only once every 24 hours. Our statistics are updated close to real-time so check them the day after you publish and send a release to get a more accurate overview.
Do you have additional questions regarding the issues above or do you have any other question related to MyNewsdesk’s service, don’t hesitate to contact us, weekdays from 8:30am to 5:00pm, on +46 8 644 89 50 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: MyNewsdesk Customer Service will be closed a few days during the holiday season, namely Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, and the 6th of January. All other weekdays, we will be open as usual from 8:30am to 5:00pm.